By completing the registration process each member indicates their agreement to the following terms:
1. Supported Hardware and Software The Membership Services include online and telephone technical support services and personal computer component repair/replacement coverage (where applicable) for the following systems :
PC Computer systems must meet the minimum requirements:
Intel Pentium/Celeron processor, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron processor, or compatible is recommended. Pentium II (or equivalent) or better is required. PC Computer systems operating on any of the following platforms:
Microsoft® Windows® 98 Second Edition Microsoft® Windows® Millennium Edition Microsoft® Windows® NT Workstation Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition Microsoft® Windows® Vista Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
Croydon Laptop Repair will fix PC computer problems related to malfunctions and assist Member to run the software listed below, but will not instruct the Member on how to use the software. As an example, if a Member cannot start MS Outlook, Croydon Laptop Repair will provide the support needed to start the program. If the Member wants help configuring options, or composing email then Croydon Laptop Repair will direct the customer to the software publisher or a tutorial site on the Internet.
Selected Software applications are:
Microsoft® Internet Explorer Netscape Navigator Netscape Communicator Microsoft® Office Products Microsoft® Outlook Express (versions 4.0 and higher) Microsoft® Outlook® (versions 97 and higher) Microsoft® Word (versions 97 and higher) Microsoft® Excel (versions 97 and higher) Microsoft® PowerPoint® (versions 97 and higher) Microsoft® Access (versions 97 and higher) Microsoft® FrontPage® (versions 98 and higher) Microsoft® Publisher (versions 2000 and higher) Microsoft® Works Microsoft® NetMeeting Microsoft® Media Player Real Media Player
2. Availability of Services Croydon Laptop Repair's technical support services and products (collectively, the "Membership Plans") are available for the one (1) or more PC computer systems registered with Croydon Laptop Repair. On-line technical support is available 24/7 subject to the terms of your Membership Plan. Telephone support and In Home repairs are available within the our covered markets during the following business hours:
3. Croydon Laptop Repair's Responsibilities Croydon Laptop Repair will use its best efforts to resolve Members' basic computer technical problems for a Registered PC Computer. Croydon Laptop Repair will attempt to resolve such technical problems in a professional and timely manner, taking into consideration the circumstances and nature of the technical problems. Response times may be delayed due to research and inquiries, as may be necessary. Croydon Laptop Repair's technical support does not assure that every request for technical support will be resolved to Member's satisfaction, and Croydon Laptop Repair's responses constitute only technical advice or suggestions. Technical problems that may arise may be a result of software or hardware errors or problems that may not be correctable or may be too difficult to resolve online or by telephone. Croydon Laptop Repair may be required to refer the Member directly to the manufacturer or developer where certain guarded proprietary information limits Croydon Laptop Repair's ability to resolve some problems.
4. Member's Responsibilities Member is solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of Member's data, software and/or hardware. Member understands and acknowledges that neither Croydon Laptop Repair nor any of its third-party product or service providers shall be responsible for any lost data or work delays resulting from any technical support services, other services, or products provided by Croydon Laptop Repair.
5. Repair Services and Parts Replacement Computer software repair coverage provided under the appropriate membership plan shall only be available to the member at least 30 days after the effective date of a new or upgraded registered membership. There is a maximum coverage limit of $300 per year, per computer or 2 In-Home visits. This includes parts and labour. In-Home Repair Services provided under the appropriate membership plans is provided by Croydon Laptop Repair or its third party service providers. Croydon Laptop Repair will call the member by the next business day to schedule the on site call.
PC computer component repair/replacement coverage provided under the appropriate membership plan shall only be available to the member at least 30 days after the effective date of a new or upgraded registered membership. There is a maximum coverage limit of $500 per year, per computer. This includes parts and labour. In-Home Repair Services provided under the easy PlanTwo. easyPlanThree or easyPlanFour plans is provided by Croydon Laptop Repair or its third party service providers. Croydon Laptop Repair will call the member by the next business day to schedule the on site call. Should the member's computer be located outside the GTA, Croydon Laptop Repair may require the Member to arrange transportation of the PC computer to Croydon Laptop Repair (or its third party service provider) at the cost of the member. Croydon Laptop Repair reserves the right to change third party service providers without notice to the Member. Replacement components (and associated labour) covered under the easy PlanTwo and Easy PlanThree shall be limited to available compatible parts. Covered components are limited to:
All components of the PC Computer are defined as being "in skins", or inside the computer's casing. Not included in this definition are laptops, external components such as printers, monitors or scanners or outboard peripherals of any type, with the exception of high speed modems and Small Office/Home Office quality routers used in conjunction with a Home Network
Croydon Laptop Repair makes no representation nor does it guarantee exact replacement parts. Member agrees that Croydon Laptop Repair or its third party repair service provider has the sole discretion to use new, refurbished, or reasonably comparable parts, if necessary. All repairs/replacements come with a 90 day guarantee. No repair services, and no replacement parts are available for any handheld devices. No technical support, depot or onsite repair services, and no replacement parts are available for Apple computer systems.
6. Optional Services Optional services for network installations, software, hardware, upgrades, trade-ins and other support services outside the scope of the standard services are available on an hourly basis. Additional service charges will apply and will be quoted on a case-by-case basis. Members enjoy preferred labour rates.
7. Third-Party Link and Content Disclaimer Links contained in Croydon Laptop Repair's website may cause a user to leave the Croydon Laptop Repair website. Such linked websites are not under the control of Croydon Laptop Repair and Croydon Laptop Repair is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. Croydon Laptop Repair provides these links from the Croydon Laptop Repair website only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement by Croydon Laptop Repair of the website or any of its contents. All users use materials and information in third-party websites at their own risk.
9. Renewal and Cancellation Each Croydon Laptop Repair membership will be automatically renewed for another term equivalent to the term length originally authorized on the expiration of Member's original enrolment date (the "Anniversary"), at the same annual fee and plan type, unless Member notifies Croydon Laptop Repair thirty (30) days prior to the Anniversary that Member elects not to renew the membership. Member must contact Croydon Laptop Repair's Customer Service Center at +44(0)208 715 7171 in order to notify Croydon Laptop Repair of the members desire to cancel. Refunds will not be given for memberships cancelled during the term of a membership.
10. Limitation of Liability In no event shall Croydon Laptop Repair be liable to any person for any special, general, incidental, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from negligent or criminal acts of third parties, loss of use, loss of data, lost profits, or computer hardware damage, in connection with any of the membership services, the Croydon Laptop Repair website (including all information, services, and products that are referenced or linked to in the Croydon Laptop Repair website), or any other information, documents, products, software, downloads, repair services, advice, and information provided by Croydon Laptop Repair or any of its third-party product or service providers, whether or not such person is advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. Force Majeure In the event Croydon Laptop Repair's delivery of the Membership Services is delayed, prevented, or otherwise made impracticable by reason of any acts of God, fires, floods, earthquakes, or other natural catastrophes; national emergencies, strikes, lockouts or other labour difficulties; computer "hacking" attack or computer virus; any law, order, regulation or other action of any governing authority; or any other cause beyond Croydon Laptop Repair's reasonable control, then Croydon Laptop Repair shall be excused from such delivery to the extent that it is delayed or prevented by such cause.
12.Suspension or Termination of Memberships Croydon Laptop Repair reserves the right to suspend or terminate any Membership Services of any Member that Croydon Laptop Repair, in its sole discretion, determines are being used fraudulently or for any computer system other than a Registered System.
Croydon Laptop Repair retains highly knowledgeable, courteous, and professional A+ certified technicians. Combined we bring decades of experience to ensure your computing needs are properly addressed.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.